|Home » Categories » Web and Email Hosting » Kishmish Hosted Exchange|
How Do I Manually Connect Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007 to my Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010 Server?
Article Number: 11 | Rating: 5/5 from 3 votes | Last Updated: Fri, May 20, 2011 10:55 AM
|Requirements for configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007 to connect to Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
* Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1
* Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and later Windows versions (except Starter editions for Windows Vista or Windows 7)
Note: If you use Outlook 2007, we recommend performing a clean install of it before configuring it to connect to your Exchange server. If you already have a previous version of Outlook installed on your PC, please uninstall this version (from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs), reboot your PC, and then install Outlook 2007. After performing a clean install of Outlook 2007, you're now ready to configure it to connect to your Exchange Mailbox.
When starting Outlook, use your primary email address for the Username field in the login window.
If you want to save your login credentials after the profile is created, read the Knowledge Base article on How do I save my Outlook password?.
To manually connect Outlook:
1. Go to your Outlook mail settings from Start > Control Panel > Mail.
If you cannot locate the Mail icon within your Windows Control Panel, try the following steps.
* To the left of the Windows Control Panel, but in the same window, select Classic View.
* If Mail still does not appear as an individual icon, look for it under Show 32-bit Control Panel Items.
2. Click the Show Profiles button and click Add for a new profile.
3. Specify your Profile Name and click OK.
4. Proceed with the steps in the next section, according to your version of Outlook.
If you use Outlook 2003:
1. Choose Add a new Email account and click Next.
2. Select Microsoft Exchange Server and click Next.
3. Follow steps 3 through 12 as described in the next section (Outlook 2007).
If you use Outlook 2007:
1. Ignore the Auto Account Setup Page, select the checkbox next to Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
2. Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
3. Specify your Server FQDN as the Exchange server name and type your Exchange Mailbox Username (E-mail Address).
4. For Offline use, make sure that the box next to Use Cached Exchange Mode is checked.
5. Click the More Settings button. If prompted for a password, click Cancel.
6. Open the Connection tab. Select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP option.
7. Click the Exchange Proxy Settings button and specify Exchange Proxy Settings:
Type the URL for your proxy server in the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange field. You can find the correct URL for this setting in CONTROL PANEL > Get Started > Advanced Settings.
8. Make sure that both the options On fast networks and On slow networks are checked.
9. For Proxy Authentication settings, choose Basic Authentication.
10. If you want to have Outlook save your password, please follow the instructions in the Knowledge Base article on How do I save my Outlook password?.
11. Click OK, Apply, OK, Next and Finish and OK to save changes.
12. Start Outlook.
Tip: If during these steps you encounter a popup window that asks you to log in, click Cancel. If you get an error message or additional login request, click Cancel again.
There are no attachments for this article.
What is my Kishmish Hosted Exchange username?
Viewed 1199 times since Tue, May 24, 2011
How to Setup Hosted Exchange on iPhone
Viewed 1961 times since Fri, Jun 24, 2011
Add Corporate Microsoft Exchange email to Android Nexus Smartphone
Viewed 10333 times since Mon, Apr 1, 2013
What is Outlook Web Access (OWA)? How does it work?
Viewed 6485 times since Fri, May 20, 2011
Setup Hosted Exchange on Android
Viewed 3943 times since Tue, Jun 21, 2011